Discover more from Just the Facts with Gerald Posner
CNN lets 40 journalists go - Drops to 3rd in ratings
Not sure what is happening at CNN
I like the channel.
And I like Jeff Zucker, with whom I dealt quite often when he was running TODAY. Don't underestimate him, he's smart and has good instincts
- 40 senior journalists cut
- Ratings hit a new low last week since his takeover
- Running 3rd now behind Fox and MSNBC
- Anderson Cooper ratings hit a new low, Piers Morgan not far behind
- For the prime demographic, 25-54, they were drawing only 99,000 viewers during primetime last week
- Not getting any ratings boost yet by adding non-news programs like Anthony Bourdain, Morgan Spurlock and an upcoming reality series about Chicago politics.
Competition in the reporting/news world is good. Hope they get their mojo back.
CNN hits lowest ratings in key demographic:http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/cnn-lowest-rated-week-demo-jeff-zucker-fox-news-msnbc/
CNN cuts more than 40 journalists:http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/465288de-840a-11e3-9903-00144feab7de.html?siteedition=intl#axzz2rPe99zA1
CNN ratings hit new post-sucker low:http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/cnn-falls-to-lowest-ratings-yet-under-jeff-zucker-1201066649/